Zilker Park Ovierview
Zilker Metropolitan Park is a recreational area in south Austin, Texas at the juncture of Barton Creek and the Colorado River that comprises over 350 acres of publicly owned land. It is named after its benefactor, Andrew Jackson Zilker, who donated the land to the city in 1917
- 3 Picnic Sites and 1 Shelter
- Zilker Playscape
- Disc Golf Course
- 5 Volleyball Courts
- Zilker Club House
- Austin Nature and Science Center
- Barton Springs Pool
- McBeth Recreation Center
- Zilker Botanical Gardens
- Zilker Caretaker's Cottage
- Zillker Hillside Theatre
Contracted and Permitted Services/Amenities at the Park
- Austin Sunshine Camp owned and operated by the Young Men's Business League of Austin.
- The Rowing Dock
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum is on the south end of the park and is the home of a collection of works by sculptor Charles Umlauf.
- Zilker Cabin - Girl Scouts of Central Texas (open ONLY for rentals)
- Zilker Zephyr - enjoy a miniature train ride around the park.
- Zilker Park Boat Rentals
Signature Park Events
- Zilker Park Kite Festival is held the first Sunday in March each year.
- Zilker Summer Musical
- Blues on the Green
- Austin City Limits Music Festival
- Zilker Holiday Tree stands 155 feet tall and is composed of 39 streamers, each holding 81 multicolored, 25-watt bulbs, totaling 3,309 lights.
- Trail of Lights
Parking and Transportation Option
- Plan your trip to the park! The park system first and foremost suggests public transit and biking options. All parking is first-come first-served.
- During special events, traffic patterns typically change, or pre-credentialing may be required. Check each event website for details.
Open for Public use every day from 5:00 am to 10:00 pm
Best Things To Do In Austin, Texas
Austin Lodging Options
Austin Outdoor Activities