The Carpenter Hotel is An open-air hotel in the Zilker Neighborhood of Austin, Texas, with a restaurant, coffee shop & event space..In an old union hall, in a grove of pecan trees, at the edge of Zilker Park, near pretty much everything.
PART POOL CABANA, PART OUTDOOR COURTYARD PAVILION. A NICE PLACE TO THROW A QUIET PARTY.
Happenings in The Carpenter Hotel:
- NEW MOON SOUND BATH MEDITATION: Come set intentions for the New Moon with ATX YOGA GIRL, Cynthia Bernard. The Carpenter Hotel will be poolside for a Sound Bath Meditation with Crystal Quartz bowls and chimes. Sounds dreamy with these good vibrations, right? Don’t forget to make your reservation at Carpenters Hall for a post meditation meal.
- *Bring your mat, mask and anything cozy like a blanket/eye mask.
- *Space is limited for social distancing.
- Spring yoga with Gustavo padron: Join Gustavo Padron for an outdoor, socially-distanced yoga class this spring. This one hour class is beginner friendly and open to practitioners of all walks of life. Gustavo will bring the tunes and the good vibes, all you need to bring is yourself and a yoga mat. Space is limited so please get your ticket soon.Post yoga refreshments from Proud Mary Coffee are included with your ticket.
- Mindful Movement: Music Monday with Castlehill Fitness: Start the week with the intention to give yourself a moment to ground and move mindfully. Collette will guide you through a flowy Vinyasa practice, cooling down with a guided meditation. The addition of a specially curated live DJ set by Cassie will leave you with all the feels. Take these vibes with you as you move through your week. BYO mat, water, and towel. Class will be held outside in the Q-Hut. Social distancing will be maintained and masks are worn until on the mat. Open to all!
- Mood by Moss: MoodbyMoss is Nomadic Aura Portrait Studio. The Mood yurt will be set-up in the hotel lobby. Step inside the MOOD yurt to capture your luminous aura on Polaroid film. Each aura portrait session is followed by an interpretation.
- Meet the maker: Mercedes Rex: Join The Carpenter Hotel for an afternoon of exploring water marbling with textile artist Mercedez Rex. THey will cover a brief history of marbling as well as classic patterns before diving in to experiment with basic techniques of manipulating paints on the surface of a water bath. Each participant will have their own marbling vat and time to practice learned techniques and color combinations before transferring their designs to both paper and silk textiles.
- ABOUT THE ARTIST: Mercedez Rex is an artist and creativity advocate. She believes that everyone has creative potential and that cultivating creativity is a worthwhile pursuit. Her goal in teaching workshops is to encourage others to tap into their own creativity. She does this first and foremost, by offering guidance and instruction on a craft she is passionate about but more importantly by fostering an environment that values playful experimentation and process over comparison, perfectionism, and fear of failure.